In this privacy statement you can read how CORP. attorneys (“CORP.” or “we”) deal with the processing of personal data. CORP. is the controller as referred to in the Dutch General Data Protection Regulation (Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming, “AVG”) with regard to the personal data it processes. We may amend the privacy statement from time to time. We recommend that you regularly review this privacy statement.
CORP. is located at De Lairessestraat 137, 1075 HJ in Amsterdam. If you have any questions, please call us on 020 578 83 00 or send an email to email@example.com.
To whom does this privacy statement apply?
This privacy statement applies to the processing of personal data by CORP. We process personal data of (potential) clients, relations and referrers, suppliers, applicants, recipients of our communications (such as newsletters and invitations to events) and students (in the context of student internships and/or student events).
Which personal data do we process and for what purpose?
- We process personal data for the performance of the law practice, for recruitment and selection purposes, for organizing events, sending newsletters and invitations to events, improving our services and to comply with laws and regulations.
- We process, among other things, the following personal data:
- name, address, place of residence;
- telephone number, email address;
- information contained in our records;
- other personal data provided by you, such as CVs.
Legal basis for the processing
In order to process your personal data, it must be based on one of the principles of the AVG. In the case of CORP. is that – depending on the specific personal data – entering into and executing the agreements with our clients and our suppliers, a legal obligation, a legitimate interest or permission.
The CORP website. uses necessary and analytical cookies. Necessary cookies provide all basic functions of our website and are therefore necessary for our website to function properly. These cookies are anonymous and do not store any personal information. Analytical cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our website. For example, we gain more insight into the number of visitors and which pages they prefer to visit. These cookies are anonymous and do not store any personal information.
To whom does CORP. provide personal data?
- In order to be of service to you and to carry out our services, we engage other parties to process personal data on our behalf. Sometimes we are obliged to provide personal data to third parties such as the tax authorities or a supervisor. Sometimes it is necessary for the performance of our services that we provide data to courts, couriers and other suppliers, parties involved in files and process servers.
- If we have personal data processed by a third party, we will – if necessary – conclude a written processing agreement with these so-called processors that complies with the AVG. For example, a processor can be an IT service provider that supports us in our services.
Processing of personal data outside the EU
CCORP. processes your data only within the European Union. The AVG applies in all countries of the European Union. If we engage processors, we also require that they store personal data on servers in the European Union. Insofar as this is not possible, we take the necessary measures to provide an adequate level of protection for the protection of your personal data.
Your rights with regard to personal data
If we process your personal data, you have the right to view, have it corrected, deleted or restricted under the circumstances mentioned in the AVG. You can also object or request transfer of your personal data in the cases provided for in the AVG.
- Inspection and correction: if you want to know whether we process your personal data or want to adjust your personal data, you can contact us. We may ask you to identify yourself first.
- Delete: the AVG offers the possibility to have personal data deleted under certain circumstances. You can make your request via our email address. We will then assess whether the request can be executed. In some cases we have to keep your personal data, for example on the basis of tax obligations or to ensure that you do not receive e-mails from us.
- Restrict: you can contact us at our e-mail address with a request to restrict the processing of your personal data if you believe that your personal data is incorrect, its processing is unlawful, you need it for a legal claim or you object made against its processing.
- Objection: if we process your personal data on the basis of a legitimate interest, you can object to further use of your personal data via our e-mail address for your specific reasons.
- Objection to newsletters and invitations to events: If you do not wish to receive newsletters and invitations to events by e-mail or other electronic messages, you can unsubscribe via the unsubscribe option in the e-mail message received. You can also unsubscribe by contacting us.
How do we protect your personal data?
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent the loss of personal data or unlawful processing.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We do not keep your personal data longer than necessary for the purposes for which we use your personal data. We are required by law to keep some data for a certain period of time. For example, if you or your company no longer engages us, this may mean that we still have to keep certain personal data for our records.
Questions or complaints?
- If you have any questions about how we process your personal data, please contact us.
- You can always submit any complaints to the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens).
Version 26 september 2022